Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

#SLCC15 Flashback: Dee Bradley Baker

Last, but certainly not least, in SotT Underground's three-part series of #SLCC15 Flashbacks is this short interview with Dee Bradley Baker, whose 415 IMDb credits include work as Perry the Platypus on "Phineas and Ferb"; more than a few several characters in the animated DC Comics universe; and the gigantic talking statue, Olmec, on "Legends of the Hidden Temple," to name just a small handful.

As this interview immediately followed the chat with the "Animaniacs" crew, it will be presented in a similar question-and-answer format, as follows:

--

SotT: Well, I just found out that Rob [Paulsen] wants all of your jobs…

DBB: “Oh, he can have them. I’m tired of this. I’m going to go be a CPA. I need to break out of this job.”

SotT: Well, we’re glad to have you here.

DBB: “I’m very happy to be here.”

SotT: What is one of your favorite things about doing conventions like this?

DBB: “The best thing about conventions, to me, is how inclusive and accepting the entire tone is. Everybody can be into their own weird thing, as far as they want to be into it, and everyone’s ok with that, no matter if you’re a superhero or a monster or something from a comicbook – or from anything – and I just wish that all of humanity operated like that… that everyone could be who they are and to be into their own weird stuff and just let everyone else do their own thing. I think that’s… that’s what human beings should be doing, so that’s why I love comic cons.”

SotT: Two questions for you: first of all, which of your characters that you’ve done did you enjoy doing that most, if you had to pick one, right? And also, same question I asked [the “Animaniacs” actors], if you could do any other character that you haven’t previously done a voice for, who would it be?

DBB: “It’s hard to choose, from amongst my children, a favorite, but I love doing Momo and Appa in the [‘Avatar: The Last Airbender’] series and the clones in [‘Star Wars’] ‘The Clone Wars,’ in particular. … Klaus [of ‘American Dad!’] is a lot of fun. Cinnamon Bun is just such an insane character on ‘Adventure Time.’ It’s hard to narrow that all down. I just like them all so much. To be … a character I’ve never done, I would love to be the Riddler [from ‘Batman’]. I think that… I could lock into the Riddler and give a great Riddler.”

SotT: All right. Well, that would be good. I'd be down for that.

--

For more information about Salt Lake Comic Con or to purchase tickets to an upcoming event, visit saltlakecomiccon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment