Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

A-Town Playlist: Valentine's Day 2017

Today I was thinking about the good old days when I was a living legend of college radio. Those were the glory days, my friends. Those were the days.

Occasionally, I had the opportunity to host a radio show at Snow College or the University of Utah on Valentine's Day or True Badger Night (which is basically the same thing, if not better because at least you get a t-shirt out of it!). On those days, I would put together playlists of love songs - but not the traditional Frank Sinatra standards or Michael Buble. No, no. I'd put together playlists of classic rock and alternative music that was about love, without a lot of the lovey-dovey stuff.

I figured I'd take a second and knock out a playlist for you lovebirds or Singles Awareness sulkers so that you would have something to listen to for the next couple hours, whatever it is that you're doing out there. I've even put the more romantic songs in italics so you know when to "do the business," if needs be. You're welcome.
  1. All You Need is Love - The Beatles (the link is a cover version because there isn't a good original available)
  2. What is Love - Haddaway
  3. Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) - Journey
  4. Everybody Loves You Now - Billy Joel
  5. It's Love - Chris Knox
  6. The Power of Love - Huey Lewis & the News
  7. Love Today - Mika
  8. This Love - Maroon 5
  9. You Can't Hurry Love - Phil Collins
  10. Accidentally in Love - Counting Crows
  11. Your Love - The Outfield
  12. Whole Lotta Love - Led Zeppelin
  13. You Give Love a Bad Name - Bon Jovi
  14. Love Drunk - Boys Like Girls
  15. Love Shack - The B-52s
  16. Old Fashioned Love Song - Three Dog Night
  17. Pride (In the Name of Love) - U2
  18. Interstate Love Song - Stone Temple Pilots
  19. Love Runs Out - OneRepublic
  20. Oh Love - Green Day
  21. What You Call Love - Guster
  22. I Would Do Anything For Love - Meatloaf
  23. Somebody to Love - Queen
  24. Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
  25. Got My Mind Set On You - George Harrison
  26. If You're Wondering if I Want You To (I Want You To) - Weezer
  27. Gimme All Your Lovin' - ZZ Top
  28. Crazy on You - Heart
  29. She Drives Me Crazy - Fine Young Cannibals
  30. Why Can't This Be Love - Van Halen
  31. Let My Love Open the Door - Pete Townsend
  32. We Found Love - Rihanna (feat. Calvin Harris)
  33. Big Love - Fleetwood Mac
  34. I Want to Know What Love Is - Foreigner
  35. Fall For You - Secondhand Serenade
  36. Kiss From a Rose - Seal
  37. Cecilia and the Satellite - Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness
  38. Lover of the Light - Mumford & Sons
  39. More Than Words - Extreme
  40. Sometime Around Midnight - The Airborne Toxic Event
  41. I Choose You - Sara Bareilles
  42. All of Me - John Legend
  43. Last Kiss - Pearl Jam
  44. Hard to Say I'm Sorry/Get Away - Chicago
  45. It Must Have Been Love - Roxette
  46. Love is Blindness - Jack White
  47. Don't Tell Me You Love Me - Night Ranger
  48. Tainted Love - Soft Cell
  49. I Need a Lover - John Mellencamp
  50. Long Train Runnin' - The Doobie Brothers
Well. How 'bout that, eh? Did you like it? Did you discover any new music that you enjoyed? Did I leave anything off that you thought should have made the list? Let me know in the comments below.

Happy Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment