Pages

Thursday, June 15, 2017

A-Town Playlist: No Sleep Till Hoboken


I'm headed out to Hoboken, New Jersey, next week for a business trip to see my company's corporate headquarters. This means I'm in need of a rockin' playlist. I've already got a pretty good compilation of travel tunes, but I thought it would be fun to create another playlist purely composed of music by bands that come from New Jersey and New York (or that wrote songs about those states). Here's what I put together:

  1. Goin' Down to New York Town - Counting Crows
  2. New York City - They Might Be Giants
  3. We Are All Made of Stars - Moby
  4. Hook - Blues Traveler
  5. You Give Love a Bad Name - Bon Jovi
  6. I Wanna Be Sedated - The Ramones
  7. Big Shot - Billy Joel
  8. Juke Box Hero - Foreigner
  9. Someday - The Strokes
  10. Diane Young - Vampire Weekend
  11. Mrs. Robinson - Simon & Garfunkel
  12. Two Princes - Spin Doctors
  13. Dream On - Aerosmith
  14. Heartbreaker - Pat Benatar
  15. Layla - Derek & the Dominos
  16. Smooth - Santana feat. Rob Thomas
  17. Livin' On a Prayer - Bon Jovi
  18. Helena (So Long and Goodnight) - My Chemical Romance
  19. Broadway - Goo Goo Dolls
  20. New York State of Mind - Billy Joel
A quick list. A brief list. Did I miss any of your favorite Jersey or NYC-based bands? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment