Pages

Thursday, August 3, 2017

LOST: The greatest scenes


For the first time in my life, I'm listening to podcasts. I've been listening to a whole lot of podcasts lately. One of the shows I've checked out is arguably (from what I understand) the most popular LOST podcasts, "The LOST Podcast with Jay and Jack." I've only heard a few of their episodes so far - and I can't seem to find most of their shows that aired back in the day when LOST was actually on TV - but it has brought back some fun memories for me. It reminded me of the LOST panel I got to do at Salt Lake Comic Con in 2015 (which you can read a full transcript of by clicking here). One thing that Jay and Jack like to ask their guests is what their top five LOST moments are. I knew I had written down my favorite moments from the show, so I thought I'd write up a new blog.

But then I couldn't find my two beloved notebooks. Panic attack. Frustration. Frantic searching. Sweating.

The good news is that I found the notebooks, along with a few other things that I've honestly been looking for for years. Overwhelming relief! If this has taught me anything, it's that I've got to get these notes digital. I've got to get them somewhere where I know I can find them at any time. A good project would be to just type the dang things up. It might take forever, but, to me, it will be worth it. For now, in the short-term, I figure I need some new blogs.

So, without further gilding the lily and no more ado, here are the greatest scenes from LOST, in chronological order:



  • "Pilot" (S1, E1): The first eight minutes of chaos
  • "Walkabout" (S1, E4): Locke's backstory revealed
  • "Solitary" (S1, E9): Hurley's golf course
  • "Exodus" (S1, E24-25): Launching the raft / Walt gets taken by the Others
  • "What Kate Did" (S2, E9): Walt communicates with Michael on the computer
  • "One of Them" (S2, E14): Sayid interrogates Henry Gale
  • "Two for the Road" (S2, E20): Michael shoots Ana Lucia and Libby
  • "Live Together, Die Alone" (S2, E23-24): The Hatch is destroyed / The beginning of Desmond and Penny's love story / "Who are you people?" "We're the good guys, Michael."
  • "A Tale of Two Cities" (S3, E1): Sawyer solves the polar bear puzzle and gets a fish biscuit
  • "The Glass Ballerina" (S3, E2): Jack watches the Red Sox win the World Series
  • "Tricia Tanaka is Dead" (S3, E10): Hurley starts the Dharma van with "Shambala" by Three Dog Night playing in the background
  • "The Brig" (S3, E19): Sawyer discovers that Anthony Cooper is the original "Sawyer"
  • "Through the Looking Glass" (S3, E22-23): "Not Penny's boat"
  • "Through the Looking Glass" (S3, E22-23): "We have to go back!"
  • "The Constant" (S4, E5): Desmond calls Penny
  • "There's No Place Like Home" (S4, E13-14): Jeremy Bentham's identity revealed
  • "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham" (S5, E7): Ben Linus kills Locke
  • "He's Our You" (S5, E10): Sayid shoots Young Ben
  • "Dr. Linus" (S6, E7): Ben apologizes to Ilana and gains redemption in the flash-sideways
  • "The Candidate" (S6, E14): Hurley and Jack cry on the beach after Sayid, Sun and Jin die on the sub
  • "The End" (S6, E17-18): Jack performs surgery on Locke in the flash sideways / Hurley becomes Protector of the Island

What are your favorite moments from the show? If I missed something, let me know.

Until my next LOST blog,

Namaste... and good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment