Pages

Monday, July 16, 2018

LOST: Quick-Binge Schedule 2018


With FanX Salt Lake Comic Convention 2018 soon approaching, I am performing another quick-binge of one of my all-time favorite TV shows, "LOST." We'll call this my fourth time watching the series - I started late, but caught up and finished live when the show first aired, I watched the entire thing with a friend in 2014 and I did a 50-episode quick-binge in 2015 before Salt Lake Comic Con 2015.

Some might call this obsessive or stupid. Some might say I need to get a life. But, then again, some might say that I was the most-prepared panelist at SLCC15 and all of my preparation really paid off. With the announcement that Evangeline Lilly, who plays Kate, will be a celebrity guest at this upcoming convention, I figure that now would be a better time than any to run through the show again.

I have selected the episodes that I have deemed most important, best or most integral to Kate's character development. I've also created a calendar that will help me pace myself, as to allow maximum time for watching other TV shows, attending concerts and sporting events, spending time with my family and, you know... dating. You can see screenshots of my calendar below. I have listed all episodes, as well as bonus features. Episodes that are underlined are the episodes I am actually going to watch. Episodes in parenthesis are episodes for which I will be reading synopsis recaps on Lostpedia. Behold:



Here is a quick breakdown of statistics, for your consumption and enjoyment:

SEASON 1:
Time frame: 16 days
Episodes watched: 15
Other: Bonus features and blog

SEASON 2:
Time frame: 10 days
Episodes watched: 12
Other: Blog

SEASON 3:
Time frame: 6 days
Episodes watched: 14
Other: Bonus features and blog

SEASON 4:
Time frame: 7 days
Episodes watched: 9
Other: Bonus features and blog

SEASON 5:
Time frame: 11 days
Episodes watched: 15
Other: Bonus features and blog

SEASON 6:
Time frame: 12 days
Episodes watched: 16
Other: "The New Man in Charge," bonus features and blog

OVERALL:
64 days between July 1 and September 3
81 of 121 episodes watched
8 blogs, when all is said and done

If you want to watch with me, you've got a little catching up to do, since I'm a slacker and didn't post this schedule until I was already done with Season 1. Whoops. But have some faith in yourselves, people. I'm not here to tell you what you can't do. And hey, I'll even go this far - if any of you catch up to me, I'll invite you over for a pizza party as I watch the finale on September 2. The gauntlet has been thrown!

Ideally, you'll be getting seven more "LOST" blogs by the time this is through, so I hope somebody out there is down for some conversations, banter and good old-fashioned analysis, because we've got quite the ride ahead of us.

As always,

Namaste... and good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment