Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Modge Podge of Delightfulness

It has been a little while since I have blogged and for that I am sorry and I will be better! This blog is going to be a modge podge of Music and a little bit of Whovian-ness.  First let me say I have been to a few shows over the last few weeks and I enjoy the musical styling’s of many but it really irks me when one of the bands I enjoy works really hard for a long time and out of nowhere releases an amazing new album. Then not to long after they have released said new album another band releases an album that has a song or two or three that sounds an awful like the other band. I know this happens quit a bit and is no big deal but sometimes I just feel like it is not the business. With that being said I still love my music! J I recently found an AMAZING Local band, for me at least, it is the best since Imagine Dragons. They are called The New Electric Sound http://www.youtube.com/user/thenewelectricsound?feature=watch,(my favorite is Heartbeat). I know I am late to the game but I really enjoy the fresh sound they bring to the table of music, especially when there are so many copycats out there. Speaking of local, I had the wonderful opportunity of working U92’s Summer Jam it was interesting to say the least. If you ever want to go to a place or event to people watch, that would be it! So many people of different ages coming out to hear the likes of Tyga, A$AP Rocky, Kid Ink and more, it is one for the books for sure. On a different side of the scale I went and saw She and Him, Zooey Deschanel and M. Ward are so dreamy together. If my heart could write songs they would sound much like them J (name that quote) ha ha, but for real it was an incredible night of music and people watching, you will quickly learn that I am a major people watcher, people just fascinate me. Not in a judgmental way but a truly curious way as to why people act they way they do. My music life over the last few weeks has not been dull for a moment and I love every minute of it. I am lucky to go to and meet many of the Artist’s that perform and it is truly a blessing.

Ok now for the Whovian topic, I am proud to say I am a geek of many sorts, I am part of many Fandoms and I associate with many varieties of geeks, I call it my fandomonium. Anyway on to the point at hand Sunday at 4pm British time, the 12th Doctor was announced and there were mixed feelings across the internet because first he has already been in episode of Doctor Who and secondly he is older but there are things that are brought to mind. For example number 10 already met number 12 AND he shook hands with him, which breaks the paradox rule, you are NOT allowed to touch your parallel self or it results in a paradox shift. But the twist also might be that when the paradox was created is when Jon Hurt’s character was born and thus we have “the man with no name”.  However I also understand Steven Moffat kind of does whatever he wants and that the story will still work. I am excited for the new Doctor and new adventures, I am going to keep an open mind because he is a tad older then the regenerations I have recently come to love and he is not a ginger L but I am willing to see what happens and LOVE The Doctor no matter what, because really The Doctor is and always will be The Doctor. Sorry if you were lost in the Whovian talk I just had to get it out there also maybe it will peek some more interests and the Whovian world will grow. But for now I hope you enjoyed today’s blog. Till next time DUM DUM DUM WHOO WEE WHOO DUM DUM DUMM WHOO WEE WHOOO ;) 
Love, Crystal 

No comments:

Post a Comment