Pages

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Are you ready for another exordium? Well here it is... - Meet Amanda Nelson


Hey Underground! I’m so excited to join this awesome community and share my feelings about entertainment with all of you. By the way, if you don't know what exordium is I give you permission to google it. I'm Amanda. I'm a 28-year old single geek who's alter ego works at a jewelry manufacturer of men's wedding rings. I attended BYU-Idaho for my bachelors degree and the University of Phoenix for my masters degree.

My love of pop culture and the geek world was like falling in love. Not that I know what that feels like (ha ha), but Jane Austen’s Pride And Prejudice pretty much sums it up. “I cannot fix the hour or the spot, or the look, or the words, which laid the foundation. It is too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew I had begun.” Yep, I just compared being a geek to being in love. I went from a girl who read books and didn’t “nerd out” over anything, to a girl who buys geeky shirts and attends cons. When I’m not trying to catch up on all of my favorite shows, hitting the movie theater with my movie theater popcorn and frozen Junior Mints, or shamelessly seeing what the latest celebrity gossip is, I love to read as many books as I can get my hands on, spend time with my awesome family, play the piano, and rock out to classic rock in my car. There you have it. I’m just a geeky girl who finally has an excuse to talk about things that cause normal people to squint their eyes and give me the “who are you?” look.  So bring on the apocalypse because I’m ready to go Underground.

No comments:

Post a Comment