Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day haiku

According to dictionary.com, a haiku is a major form of Japanese verse, written in 17 syallables divided into 3 lines of five, seven, and five syllables. In honor of Father's Day, several Facebookers, including two members of The Underground, wrote haiku poems for their fathers on this special day.

"My dad is flying.
On a plane for work today.
I love him always."
- Tiffany Garner

"He gave to us life
And teaches us how to live
Two great gifts treasured."
- Jordan Holmes

"My daddy is great
He taught me how to fish well
And which books are best."
- Jordan Holmes

"I love my father.
He always works very hard.
Leroy Jethro Gibbs."
- Aaron Christensen

"It's not just today
But each and every day
Dads deserve respect."
- Steve Roush

"Dad is my hero
Loving care for my mother
Sweet husband and DAD."
- Gayle Christensen

"Jackie Chan movies
Knives, pens, camping, and surfing
'Hey, pull my finger.'"
- Jordan Holmes

"A quirky humor,
Overshadowed by pure love,
Makes my father great."
- Jessica Turner

Happy Father's Day to you, Dad, and all you other fathers out there, from everybody here at The Underground.

No comments:

Post a Comment