Pages

Friday, October 4, 2013

The End of Summer Time

      Hello Again! It is that time again, time for the end of my summer, though we are in October and it is cold and rainy. I just wanted to hold onto my summer a little longer, hence the next blog in my installment of magical music! I am a huge supporter of my friends and my friends just so happen to be in bands, not all of them, but many of them so some of my blogs will include their bands. So to start this blog off I am going to go back to the end of August it was my friend Tiffani Barney’s birthday and she was having a birthday bash of sorts. The new band she and her husband Mike Barney, have joined called Johanna Johanna was amazing. 

        They regaled us that evening with their Eisley like music and spunky attitudes. They quickly became one of my new favorites, I know it seems like I say that a lot but I like to focus on the positive and bands I like, not so much on ones I don’t.  The night was truly incredible! My other friend Rob Alvord also played with his band Fat Candice, which I think is a pretty stellar name. Johanna Johanna was one of a kind and their music was very inspiring, I can’t wait for them to release their album. Soon J until then they have a place where your ears may enjoy the magnificentness that is them!  Your ears can be mesmerized by their musical glory! Here> http://johannajohanna.bandcamp.com/#zplays. I personally recommend the song “when we were young” to get you started. Also know I write a lot about different friends bands and there are two reasons why, I LOVE LOCAL Music, seriously and because I really enjoy what many of my friends have to share with the world.  Many of my blogs will be mainstream and local mixed together or sometimes just straight local and not always my friends because I want to make it equal. I hope you can appreciate all of it and if you ever have any suggestions on what to listen to hit me up, I always love finding new bands to listen to.
Johanna Johanna


          Last but not least to end my epic summer of music I had the opportunity to go to Park City, well technically Deer Valley, and see some of the most inspirational singers to me. Sara Barellies and One Republic (NOT to be confused with One Direction who I personally do not care for.) It was an unforgettable night, I love them both so much I was just in awe of their musical beauty and in the mountains, it was so breathtaking! One of my favorite songs by Sara is actually quite ironic because it sounds very similar to Katy Perry’s Roar. There was an article released  not to long ago about both artists reaction to it and they say that it is cool that they sound similar. 
       
         Anyway the song is called Brave and it is meaningful because sometimes I just need to be Brave and share how I feel or what I think and let it go from there. She ended performing this song and I couldn’t help but sing along, what an inspiration! As far as One Republic, I have seen them 4 or so times and they have NEVER disappointed, Ryan Tedder is just fantastic live! His energy, his sound, the way he interacts with the audience I could not ask for a better artist, he is right up there with Ben Kweller for me. I took a friend from Cali  with me and it was her first Utah concert, I was so excited to share it with her and she seemed to have just as much fun as I did! It was an unforgettable summer and I can’t wait to see what fall brings with Imagine Dragons, The Fictionist, Macklemore, and my local buddies Kiss Me Kill Me, and Fat Candice. Until next time, tomorrow J which actually that blog will have very little to no music it will be all about Comic Con. Till then “Live life to the fullest, enjoy every moment and every experience!”
One Republic and Sara Bareilles


~Crystal Nichols

No comments:

Post a Comment