Pages

Friday, July 12, 2013

What is up SotT: Underground?! - Meet Crystal Nichols

HELLLOOOOOO Signs of the Times: Underground! What is up? No for real, what is up? I have decided that as part of my posts I want to start a dialogue between you, the readers, other readers and me. So to get things started I will introduce myself. Hello (again J) my name is Crystal Nichols and I have been asked by the amazing and talented Aaron to be a part of this awesome and totally fantastic endeavor! I am so excited and can’t wait to get started.  A little backstory, I wrote the most incredible and inspired blog of my life, but my computer decided it would be fun to crash before I could post it. Alas, I had to rewrite it and that is what I am now posting. Maybe someday I will be inspired again and write the perfect post, but for now enjoy. I just wanted to get the ball rolling and post a little sumthin, sumthin.J  So without further ado, a little bit about me and then I would like to get know you all because I am all about getting to know people and that starts with communication which of course is a two-way street, right? Right. Plus I work in the world of communication so I find it fascinating, communicating that is. 

I currently work for a company called Simmons Media Group, they own 5 radio stations and some days I absolute love my job other days I totally want to leave. Just like any other job. I am obsessed with music, learning, culture, people and just life in general! I actually wanted to start by focusing on music for a moment. Music is my escape from the world, it is a place where I can leave every problem behind and just get lost in the moment. It moves me and makes feel inspired, happy, sad, or just plain excited! Though I do love lyrics, there are times that I just love a good tune I can groove to; especially anything I can Zumba to. J I am open to listen to and learn about any new kind of music that anybody would like to throw at me, so do share. I am also an avid social media user; though I use it more to learn about what is going on in the world or how my friends are doing then really posting much. I am all about enjoying moments and sometimes that is a little difficult when you are always tied to a phone or camera and constantly posting on social media outlets. However it is fun to have those memories forever reserved, so it is a two way street.

 I like learning about the different media outlets and how they are every changing. From My Space to Facebook, Instagram to vine, and of course the never-ending thoughts of millions of people, Twitter. Call me old fashioned but I would rather not know what everyone is thinking ALL of the time, but it can be quit entertaining.  J Plus I am an avid fan of Face-to-face time, like literally person-to-person, there is nothing like it. As you have probably gathered by now my main focuses, will most likely be social media and music. The ever-changing world fascinates me and I can’t wait to hear from you and what you think. Like what are your thoughts on Vine vs Instagram? What kind of music do like? What inspires you? What can we learn from one another? You know, the basics. Oh and also how does everybody like the new Facebook layout, for the 50th time?  Speaking of social media maybe I will leave links so you can follow me…or not J until next time “Live life to the fullest, enjoy every moment and every experience!”


By Crystal Nichols

Me with my fav singer Ben Kweller

No comments:

Post a Comment